Join Our Team!
Do you love pets and their owners? Do you work well as part of a motivated team? Are career growth opportunities important to you?
If so, you might be a perfect fit at Pocatello Pet Lodge. Here are some of the roles that make up our team.
Pet Care Specialists
The Pet Care Specialist’s essential duties include, but are not limited to: monitoring group play to ensure a safe, fun environment for our furry clients, reinforcing basic obedience skills, dog walking, observing and reporting any health conditions or behavioral changes, and cleaning duties as assigned.
- Must love dogs and have a desire to learn about animal behavior
- Good communication skills
- Friendly, positive outlook
- Work effectively with other team members
- Prefer 1 year of behavioral experience with dogs in a daycare or similar setting but willing to train the right person
Our Reservation Specialist will handle all new and existing customer inquiries, successfully book reservations and appointments, and promote Petlover Central and its services to our clients.
- 1-year sales experience preferred
- Ability to demonstrate enthusiasm for pet care
- Ability to listen attentively yet maintain friendly control of conversations
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and customer satisfaction
- Polished verbal skills
Assistant Dog Trainer
The Assistant Dog Trainer's responsibilities include but are not limited to: facilitating basic obedience sessions, assisting our Head Trainer with multiple dog exercises, preparing enrichment toys and providing sensory enrichment sessions, one-on-one playtime, general exercising, and assisting with capturing training photos and videos.
- Basic understanding of canine behavior and body language
- Basic understanding of classical and operant conditioning, both theoretical and practical
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Willingness to learn both academically and experientially
- Dependable, punctual and a strong desire to make a positive difference for dogs and their owners
- Ability to jog or lightly run dogs of all breeds and sizes
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Enjoy working as part of a team working towards a common goal
- Weekend availability